by Elizabeth S. Craig, @elizabethscraig
A weekly roundup of the best writing links from around the web.
Twitterific writing links are fed into the Writer’s Knowledge Base search engine (developed by writer and software engineer Mike Fleming) which has over 40,000 free articles on writing related topics. It’s the search engine for writers.
- Horror Writing: Prevent the Romantic Storyline from Strangling the Scary: by Mac Childs @HorrorWriters
- “Hire a professional indexer. The author… is the worst person for the job.” @Porter_Anderson @indexers
- UAE’s Sultan Al Qasimi and Brazil’s Luiz Schwarcz Lead LBF’s Intl. Excellence Awards: @Porter_Anderson
- Why e-readers were a disruptive innovation in the US, but not in Japan: by Mark E. Parry and Tomoko Kawakami
- Intl Publishers Assoc to Visit Georgia, Where Publishers Are ‘Heading to Annihilation’ @Porter_Anderson
- British Comics Publishers in Changing Marketplace: ‘We Want To Do More Comics’: @MarkPiesing @richjohnston
- Industry Notes: BookExpo Audio ‘Tea,’ Canada’s BookNet-Kobo Contest, and UK’s ‘Media Medic’ @Porter_Anderson
- How “Sensitivity Readers” From Minority Groups Are Changing the Book Publishing Ecosystem: @xwaldie @Slate
- Making ‘artful audio stories’: tips for talking to strangers: @wendelpatrick1 @AaronHenkin @Transom_org
- Write Exciting Stories About Boring Things: @helpfulsnowman
- “In writing, there’s more than 1 way to do just about anything”: @cathyyardley
- Time-saving tasks you can use with Find and Replace: Part I: https://t.co/Jm20A2fboQ and II: by Lisa Lines